Ann Keen and Anthony Henry, Mutatis Mutandis

Reposted, because I can't resist doing so;

What Members of Parliament thought of their voters 1734
(from Denis Healey's Secret Planet)

Gentlemen,
I have received your letter about the excise and I am surprised at your insolence and writing to me at all.

You know, as I know that I bought this constituency. You know, and I know, that I am now determined to sell it, and you know, what you think I don't know, that you are looking out for another buyer, and I know what you certainly don't know, that I have found another constituency to buy.

About what you said about the excise: may God's curse light upon you all, and may it make your homes as open and as free to the excise officers as your wives and daughters have always been to me while I have represented your rascally constituency.

Yours sincerely,

Anthony Henry MP


What Ann Keen MP--genuinely speaking for her colleagues on all sides of the the political media class--said at the end of the forty-second week of 2009, in reply to a question about her expenses claim;

'get stuffed'.

Here's an instructional video on the process of change.

Comments