An Irish Song for Easter

I was thinking about putting the Soldiers' Song up for Easter, but for some bizarre reason there were far too many Hitler references in the supporting videos of my favourite one for my liking. My liking, as was that of my grandfather (who had known and liked Jewish people) was for no Hitler references at all. Awful man, that Hitler, though as my grandfather once pointed out, he has been in Hell a long time now.

Anyway, here is a song about a day in Ireland and a sad diversion from the bosom of a brown haired girl, as far as I can make out. I wouldn't pretend to expertise, though; she may be singing about cake. It is, nonetheless, beautiful, whatever it means. Redmond O'Toole treating a guitar like a mandolin follows, playing 'Cape Clear'.



Comments

Popular Posts