Mine Rescue

Those Magnificent men in the Chile Mine are coming up, starting tonight. The rescue phase apparently commences at midnight. I don't know about you, but I'm praying for them--let's hope that they all get up safe.

UPDATE: Thursday morning here, and they're all up. Excelsior, as Stan Lee would have written!

I can't resist the temptation--here's Rita mcNeill with 'Its a Working Man I am'. I notice with additional pleasure that yesterday, on Margaret Thatcher's 85th birthday, the news was full of brave miners, Chilean working people, and happy Liverpudlians.

Comments

David Garcia said…
Im with you, hope they're all fine. They've been trapped there for months. Least we could do is hope they're all safe.
Martin Meenagh said…
It looks like it is all going well-which is a great thing. I've been very struck by how people from all over the world, and specifically from the western hemisphere have been pulling for these gentlemen, and in many cases providing equipment and expertise. Sometimes, it is good to be human....

Popular Posts