Astounding News

I am shocked--shocked--that wikileaks cables are suggesting that Saudi Arabia has overstated its oil supplies and may be in or near peak oil. That sort of mixture of hearsay and delusion belongs on the more obscure fringes of the blogosphere. I would give all the references to myself, but as Voltaire said, to be a bore is to explain everything in detail.

That's my story and I am sticking to it. At least the Sudans, Iraq, North Africa and central asia, as well as Siberia and Alaska are about to increase their production in some last desperate drive. That's what I hear, anyway.

It must have been news like this that gave Mr Mubarak the 'stroke' everyone is talking about, but at least it has for now kept him off his exploding aeroplane.

Here is a selection of other people in similar states of choqueitude

Comments