Tagged by Bob from Brockley
I've been tagged. The game is to identify an individual, and then challenge them to grasp the book nearest to them, go to page 123, take the fifth line down, and write out the next three sentences.
I have four books on my cluttered desk; The Koran (M.A.S Abdel-Haleem's translation) the King James Bible, Thomas a Kempis' Imitation of Christ, and the Meditations of Marcus Aurelius.
Marcus's book (an old 1944 translation I love and have had for years) at page 123 is concerned with a letter to his old tutor and friend, Fronto. Five lines down it reads;
most delightful of men, most distinguished of consuls, sweetest of masters/ After this you are to be careful not to tell so many lies about me, particularly in the senate! Your speech made me cringe. O if only for every chapter-head I could give your own head a kiss
There you are. Classic fancy schmancy Roman stuff. Imagine what he'd do with a blog...
I've been tagged. The game is to identify an individual, and then challenge them to grasp the book nearest to them, go to page 123, take the fifth line down, and write out the next three sentences.
I have four books on my cluttered desk; The Koran (M.A.S Abdel-Haleem's translation) the King James Bible, Thomas a Kempis' Imitation of Christ, and the Meditations of Marcus Aurelius.
Marcus's book (an old 1944 translation I love and have had for years) at page 123 is concerned with a letter to his old tutor and friend, Fronto. Five lines down it reads;
most delightful of men, most distinguished of consuls, sweetest of masters/ After this you are to be careful not to tell so many lies about me, particularly in the senate! Your speech made me cringe. O if only for every chapter-head I could give your own head a kiss
There you are. Classic fancy schmancy Roman stuff. Imagine what he'd do with a blog...
Comments