The Universe--or physicists--may have a sense of humour....
I've posted a reasonable amount, on this blog (before it was fashionable) on the Large Hadron Collider project. This seems to me to be a fascinating, almost majestic enterprise. It employs a multinational team of scientists who run a machine so big the moon acts tidally and significantly upon the land it covers.
I had a good conversation a few months ago in the comments section on one of the posts with an individual who sought to show that the collider should not be switched on, and that an Hawaiian injunction should be slapped on the European project somehow. I disagreed, but I believe in manners, and you should follow the links elsewhere on the blog to the LHCFacts.org to see what they are saying if you wish. Behave with respect.
It did strike me that someone has a sense of humour, however. Launch day is next wednesday, the tenth of September in 2008. In Europe, that spells 10.9.8....bang?
I've posted a reasonable amount, on this blog (before it was fashionable) on the Large Hadron Collider project. This seems to me to be a fascinating, almost majestic enterprise. It employs a multinational team of scientists who run a machine so big the moon acts tidally and significantly upon the land it covers.
I had a good conversation a few months ago in the comments section on one of the posts with an individual who sought to show that the collider should not be switched on, and that an Hawaiian injunction should be slapped on the European project somehow. I disagreed, but I believe in manners, and you should follow the links elsewhere on the blog to the LHCFacts.org to see what they are saying if you wish. Behave with respect.
It did strike me that someone has a sense of humour, however. Launch day is next wednesday, the tenth of September in 2008. In Europe, that spells 10.9.8....bang?
Comments