Cheney and Rumsfeld's Armageddon Plan
Atlantic.com, which is a great site, has detailed (via John Mann) the 1980s continuity-of-government plan in which Dick Cheney, Don Rumsfeld, Oliver North, and George Bush Senior had a hand.
It involved a sort of Praetorian selection of multiple presidents after setting aside the 1947 presidential succession act, and the intimate control of the military from undisclosed locations.
Have a read; it helps explain their behaviour during the events of 11th September 2001, and the subsequent anthrax scare, and also shows how extra-constitutional they were prepared to be.It also shows how Cheney, and Rumsfeld, even during the Clinton years were never far away from the real machine of American power.
If you are interested in that, you may also be interested in this link. It asks, by examining a researched assertion, if the Bush White House ordered the CIA to forge a link between Al-Qaeda and Saddam Hussein which at one point took the form of a memo between the head of Iraqi intelligence and Al-Qaeda. To my shame, I supported that war. I did not believe that our leaders would be so delusional or mendacious that they would lie to me, and to millions of others; I felt that people would not be so stupid, selfish or so delusional as to allow them, and that the fear of the anger when people found out might keep our leaders in line.
I was wrong. Now hundreds of thousands of people are dead, the economy of the west is well on its way to being wrecked, and young men and women are finding their lives ruined or altered in the service of the powers that lied to them. What I learned was that, even when the crazies who are always wrong say a thing is wrong, it is not necessarily so. I will never trust the authorities again.
Atlantic.com, which is a great site, has detailed (via John Mann) the 1980s continuity-of-government plan in which Dick Cheney, Don Rumsfeld, Oliver North, and George Bush Senior had a hand.
It involved a sort of Praetorian selection of multiple presidents after setting aside the 1947 presidential succession act, and the intimate control of the military from undisclosed locations.
Have a read; it helps explain their behaviour during the events of 11th September 2001, and the subsequent anthrax scare, and also shows how extra-constitutional they were prepared to be.It also shows how Cheney, and Rumsfeld, even during the Clinton years were never far away from the real machine of American power.
If you are interested in that, you may also be interested in this link. It asks, by examining a researched assertion, if the Bush White House ordered the CIA to forge a link between Al-Qaeda and Saddam Hussein which at one point took the form of a memo between the head of Iraqi intelligence and Al-Qaeda. To my shame, I supported that war. I did not believe that our leaders would be so delusional or mendacious that they would lie to me, and to millions of others; I felt that people would not be so stupid, selfish or so delusional as to allow them, and that the fear of the anger when people found out might keep our leaders in line.
I was wrong. Now hundreds of thousands of people are dead, the economy of the west is well on its way to being wrecked, and young men and women are finding their lives ruined or altered in the service of the powers that lied to them. What I learned was that, even when the crazies who are always wrong say a thing is wrong, it is not necessarily so. I will never trust the authorities again.
Comments