The July Poll Votes
The July Poll at the side of this blog is of course closed. The question was 'which of these assimilating Empires would you like to have assimilated you', and it drew a moderate number of responses. The USA won, and the voting was as follows;
United States of America 9
Rome (Constantinople) 7
Rome (West) 6
British 5
T'ang China 4
Hapsburg 3
Islamic Spain 1
Persia 1
Dutch Republic 1
I suppose that I could point to the fact that historians traditionally view the unity of the Roman world alongside the division between Caesars, and that Rome in the East only became separate in the sixth century. That would mean Rome got 16 votes, and won. Still, it was all a bit of fun, and it is fairer to keep the categories as they are. I hope that you like this month's rather comically gloomy poll--I thought that it would be a nice bit of holiday nonsense.
The July Poll at the side of this blog is of course closed. The question was 'which of these assimilating Empires would you like to have assimilated you', and it drew a moderate number of responses. The USA won, and the voting was as follows;
United States of America 9
Rome (Constantinople) 7
Rome (West) 6
British 5
T'ang China 4
Hapsburg 3
Islamic Spain 1
Persia 1
Dutch Republic 1
I suppose that I could point to the fact that historians traditionally view the unity of the Roman world alongside the division between Caesars, and that Rome in the East only became separate in the sixth century. That would mean Rome got 16 votes, and won. Still, it was all a bit of fun, and it is fairer to keep the categories as they are. I hope that you like this month's rather comically gloomy poll--I thought that it would be a nice bit of holiday nonsense.
Comments