Senator Joseph Robinette Biden JuniorIn the course of the past few months, this blog has made reference to a 'Mad Jose Biden'. In January, 2008, I even suggested an Obama-Biden ticket might be in the offing. I have illustrated those references with affectionate pictures of Yosemite Sam, and linked to a frankly brilliant, 'look at me' video produced for the great man's second presidential run, begun after he called Barack Obama 'clean and articulate'.
I am now replacing all references to the politician who used to jump through skylights as a child, as I recall from Richard Ben Cramer, and to his defenestration by the dirty tricks of a small robotic Greek person in 1988.
Instead of Yosemite Sam, all references to Senator Joseph Robinette Biden, who is a serious, grown up, highly intelligent man and his Tiny Delaware, whatever that is, will be illustrated with a picture of Marcus Aurelius or some such figure.
Well done, Mr Obama! I would just add this video of an American cicero one last time, to say 'goodbye'.
Comments