David MillibandThis blog, along with some others, may have given in the past the impression of agreement with the great Robert Graham Marshall Andrews, of Gray's Inn and Westminster, that her Britannic Majesty's Principal Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs was some sort of 'pillock on a gap year'.
For the benefit of American readers, a 'pillock' is a derogatory term for a twit, derived from the 'pole-lock' or 'dildo' which hangs down from horsehair wigs of the sort nowadays rarely seen outside of Her Majesty's higher courts.
Far be it from me to contradict Sir Robert the Lord Marshall-Andrews, who once lived in an underground house, but I think Mr Milliband's performance in the late Caucasian crisis has distinguished him further. Indeed, it is foreign policy leadership of a sort only seen before in Lord Palmerston after the 19th of October,1865.
Here is a link to what he said at the weekend.
Here is another link to how Mr Milliband kept the nation informed.
Here, in fact is a link to everything Mr Milliband has done.
In memoriam of this performance,--and I mean that-- here is a video of a glove puppet late of this blog who is convinced that he is a superhero. In this adventure, he takes on a very large angry man, only to run away to stop lorries endangering children's lungs, and farm gates, or something. Then, when he awakes, no one will believe his tales, so he throws himself down the stairs.
I'm thinking seriously of using a 'Sooty' picture every time I mention Dmitry Medvedev in the future, but I am considering a trip to Russia this year or early next and don't want the vision of it to fall upon differently focused eyeballs down a Moscow sewer. So I won't.
UPDATE: Yes, I am also aware that I was snitty about John McCain calling 'whoever Putin gets to be Russian President a "stooge" ' the other day. It's an obvious contradiction, but I couldn't resist. As an aside, blog 'policy' is that if I have write something wrong or silly, and you can point it out, I'll be happy to acknowledge it so long as your posts are not anonymous, or personally abusive, but I'll leave the original post up unchanged unless the error is one of fact. Corrections will come in response to comments or in a separate post. Anonymous, criminal or abusive comments will normally not be put up, but practically anything else that passes muster will.
Comments